Aboyne Academy has an established school uniform and all pupils are expected to identify with the school by wearing the uniform. Our pupils are generally very good at respecting the uniform policy.
The standard uniform is:
● Navy or black skirts (Very short skirts are not suitable from a modesty perspective) or black trousers including smart black jeans (other colours of denim jeans are not permitted)
● White polo shirt with school badge
● Navy or black sweatshirt with school badge
Or White shirt and navy or black V-neck jumper with school tie
● Sensible dark coloured footwear
● Sports kit should not be worn out with PE classes unless PE is period 6 in the day
The uniform also assists with security in the school building and grounds as it is easy to identify people who should perhaps not be on school property. Orders can be placed directly with our suppliers. You can opt for either home delivery at a small charge or free delivery to the school.
Pupils are expected to be cleanly and tidily dressed and should note that certain items of clothing are unacceptable. These include denim jeans as described above and jackets, tracksuits, surfer shorts and T-shirts or sweatshirts decorated with slogans, offensive wording or designs. Hats should not be worn inside the school building. Some families may be entitled to a school clothing grant.
Information on School Clothing Grants can be found on
To place a uniform order click here